My poet friend Bri nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award! Bri and I got our MFAs together. We were the only girls with several other guy poets. I was so glad Bri was there to show me the ropes during my first residency, and I’m glad we became friends.
When you are nominated for this award, you thank the person who nominated you, write 7 things about yourself, and nominate 10 more bloggers.
So . . . Thank you, Bri!! Check out her fabulous blog here.
10 Random Things About Me:
1. By day I am an English Learners Consultant for a public school district. (I was a teacher for 11 years before that.) By night I am a mom, wife, and writer/poet. (Yeah, I’m those things all the time, yada yada yada.) I love all those jobs. But I do get stressed sometimes.
2. I am notorious for falling asleep. As in, I fight sleep while I’m driving home after work. Every day. And it’s only 4:00. And I fall asleep on the couch before 8 fairly often. I actually think I may have slight narcolepsy. 🙂
3. I love to read, and my favorite genre is YA fiction, especially fantasy fiction. I can’t wait for The Hunger Games movie to come out!
4. I love libraries. I was super excited to visit Library of Congress for the first time last summer! I still have to say that the Downtown Nashville Public Library is my favorite library – and favorite place in Nashville.
5. I was raised as a missionary’s kid in Thailand.
6. I am passionate about immigrants and English learners. I really don’t care if they are legal or illegal. They want a good life for their children just like I do.
7. I have a pretty cool husband and 2 beautiful, creative, and sometimes obnoxious children. A boy and a girl. I would like to adopt a child from Thailand.
Now for my nominees:
1. Anam Cara
5. Mommy Rotten
10. Pesky Pippi
Thanks for the inclusion, friend. A very intriguing concept. It will be fun. 🙂
Awww I know I’m way late on this, but thanks for the nomination! You deserve “Versatile Blogger” since you wear a lot of hats! Happy Friday!!!