While all of you were sleeping last night, I was doing this:
We celebrated Christ in the middle of night. The bells clanged into the dark silence. The priests shouted, and we shouted back. Wake up, Sleeper!
We lifted our candles high. Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and upon those in the tombs bestowing life. We proclaimed Jesus’ resurrection in language after language.
Enter all of you, therefore, into the joy of our Lord, and whether first or last, receive your reward. O rich and poor, one with another, dance for joy! O you ascetics and you negligent, celebrate the day! You that have fasted and you that have disregarded the fast, rejoice today! The table is rich-laden; feast royally, all of you! The calf is fatted; let no one go forth hungry! Let us all partake of the feast of faith.
- The angel cried to the Lady Full of Grace: Rejoice, O Pure Virgin!
- Again I say: Rejoice! Your Son is risen from His three days in the tomb!
- With Himself He has raised all the dead! Rejoice, all you people!
- Shine! Shine! O New Jerusalem!
- The Glory of the Lord has shone on you!
- Exalt now and be glad, O Zion!
- Be radiant, O Pure Theotokos, in the Resurrection of your Son!
*See two other short videos of Pascha here.